Back in a 5th Grade Classroom

So, no... I did not randomly visit a 5th grade classroom. I'm in a 5th grade classroom, but this time, I'm the teacher. It's so crazy to me how 2 months ago, I was completely lost, not knowing what to do with my life. I remember being home stressing about my life. Then, I suddenly remembered... "I have a God." Once I reminded myself of that, I began to think of myself as being very foolish. If the God I read about is the God I serve, then there should be no reason for me to be worrying/stressing about life. Right then and there, I surrendered my life to God (yes, even if I'd done that before when I got baptized 6 years ago).

The next thing I knew, I had just hung up with a phone call from my boss telling me that there was a 5th grade teacher position open and that she wanted me to apply. Long story short, I applied, took 2 state tests, got interviewed, and signed the contract in July of 2015. I was an official 5th grade teacher at the age of 20.

In the classroom now, I am still trying to get used to waking up at 5 a.m. everyday and standing in front of a class giving lessons, but at the end of each day, it is all worth it. And to be completely transparent, my homeroom is the best 5th grade homeroom ever. I have God to thank for that.

To sum it all up, God is good. We say that, but it doesn't really hit you until you've actually gone through an experience where you can truthfully comprehend that God surely is good.

I will continue to wait on God for other changes he has planned for me because whatever he wants to do in my life, I will permit.

Oh, and a little tip: You should too.

Until next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Waiting Game

Tragedy Between Two Cars